ACM SIGCHI Conferences Board - I am member
I just received the news that I am member of the ACM SIGCHI Conferences Board! This is exciting!
I’m delighted to share the good news that I am member of the ACM SIGCHI Conference Board as of today. My nomination was put to the ACM SIGCHI Executive Committee this week (by the Vice President of the ACM SIGCHI Conferences Board) and it received unanimous support.
"The SIGCHI Conferences Board is a committee which supports the Vice President of Conferences in SIGCHI Conference related activities. Its membership is approved by the SIGCHI Executive Committee and includes nominees from the Vice President of Conferences and the SIGCHI Council of Steering Committee Chairs (CSCC), outlined below. Members of this committee typically hold the role of incoming, current or past conference Steering Committee (SC) chair for a SIGCHI specialized conference or CHI, or have commensurate levels of experience with conference management.
- The current board for 2019 includes: https://sigchi.org/conferences-board
- The Conferences Board is responsible for all SIGCHI's 20-ish conferences: https://sigchi.org/conferences/upcoming-conferences/
- My role: I will work on the conferences' accessibility with the goal to enhance the conference participants' experience; user and learner experience!
- General information about ACM SIGCHI - and how it is organized: https://sigchi.org/executive-committee/
- ACM = Association for Computing Machinery https://www.acm.org (Note: It sounds boring, but it is not! ACM includes many vivid interdisciplinary intercultural scientific communities!)
- SIG = Special Interest Group
- CHI = Computer-Human-Interaction
School of Information Science and Learning Technologies (SISLT, iSchool)
Associate Professor &
Director of the IELab firstname.lastname@example.org